Matrix MOW800

If you use a Li-ION charger , you need to have a led on it ,and this led charge from red to green when bat is full.
The led is locate on the charger and not on our PCB.

So you can directly connect your battery to the charger.

Normal working and cabling :
Charger 29.4V 2A or more is used to power the sender and station (charger led is green).
When mower is in station the POWER PCB yellow led indicate the Voltage on mower charging pin and can start the charging if needed (see setting battery) (charger led become red).

It's exactly what I thought, my 29.4V charger has no led.
Low quality.... ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220425_095029_resized_20220425_095113105.jpg
    IMG_20220425_095029_resized_20220425_095113105.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have to Test If i can get the LEDs in the Station get to Work with the Sender.

OK, without LED it's less easy for us to see the state of the charge.
Oooops .No led ...
Always use BMS on yours battery pack.
You need to check the sender charging sense , Normaly start near 1000 mA on empty bat and reduce to 200 ma after 5 or 7 hours .

So now the little one has been driving for a few days and mowing the garden, so far everything is ok.
The biggest problem is that he can't find his charging station, I let him drive very slowly, but he immediately drives out again and thinks it's an obstacle.
I'll have to do some more tests or think of something else.

Nice Sascha !
Could it be possible to desactivate switches with an RFID card to tell it it's position in the charging station ?

Yes, Bernard had said something, but I don't have an RFID installed at the moment, I don't know yet how I'm going to do it with the cable.

Nice Sascha !
Could it be possible to desactivate switches with an RFID card to tell it it's position in the charging station ?
You don't need RFID for that.
Mower know when it is in charging station by checking the voltage on the charging pin.
Plug your charger on BT1 (respect +/-) and you can see the yellow led on PCB and mower state change.

What do you want to do exactly ?

Bernard, Sascha told that ther mower don't stay in the charging Station and thinks it's something on it's way.

Bernard, Sascha told that ther mower don't stay in the charging Station and thinks it's something on it's way.
Here in video the docking result if setting are not correct.
The issue is : the flexibility of the charging station pushes back the mower when the engines stop.
It's true only with BL motor (with 20:1 gearbox) and if they can rotate very easily when no power on it. (Never see that on DC motor with 100:1 gearbox)

Here the video with bad docking at tracking speed:

And video using reduce RFID tag speed just before dock : Work perfectly in this case.

We still have the problem that the charging contacts are spring-loaded and push the Mower out again. The mower only has straight charging contacts and if it is not 100% straight or pushes against them, it does not recognise the station. Maybe the brake on the next PCB will help.

I'm out of the running again.
I wondered today that the mower is not accessible, so I got out and restarted it, but nothing.
So I unscrewed it again and looked, the LED on the ESP32 is not on, nor is the power LED on the MainPCB.
5V go to the MainPCB, but do not arrive at the Teensy.
In some places, the copper of the conductors can be seen, as if something had burst.
Can this be caused by dust?

No. Do you have a picture?
are the connections open? actually, you should spray the board with soldering lacquer. but i have always forgotten to do this. at 5V, the contact resistances are too high.
This is not your first short circuit? i think there is another cause.

No, i am not at Home. It was a new pcb. When i am at Home i will remove the PCB and Take a closer Look.

Back