Matrix MOW800

I turn Testing ON
To avoid drive motor shake on manual stop i have add a OFF command and certainly it stop also the mow motor
To test the mow motor you need to first drive forward in manual mode and start mow motor.

Last time I looked, MAG was between 7000-8000 can that be or is that too much?
I have not installed RFID yet
Yes It's a big value but it can work , Can you check in test ODO if the noise is not very high in the middle of the area.

How can I reduce the MAG value?
The DC/DC in the Sender is set to 8V and has 15 ohms.

Yes, I can test that when I put it back together.

Remember that sonar are not really reliable :oops: ,.I spend a lot of time on it and you need to order 10 of them to have 3 with a correct detection. other detect objet when nothing in front .
Bernard, do you think it's not a good idea to install thoseones ? I don't want to bore the body for finally not installing thoseones.
We should only start with bumpers switches and perimeter sensor on the mower?

So now the Mower has been out in the garden. The tracks already look quite good.
Every now and then he went out in the middle of the Garden with Error. I'll have to check the perimeter settings again.

The tracking of the cable also looks quite good, sometimes it swings slightly from right to left, but otherwise it looks good.
However, entering the station doesn't work at all. It drives up to the contacts and then back again a bit because it thinks there is an obstacle and wants to avoid it.
It doesn't recognise the charging current quickly enough, but when I hold it for a moment, the current is recognised.

So there's still a lot of adjusting and testing to do.

n the middle of the Garden with Error.
Can you use the console to see the error .
I hope it's not I2C noise issue
Into arduremote error counter you can see if one counter is not 0.

For Docking I also see what you describe and need to reduce the docking speed to 10 to have correct working (need RFID).It's only a BL motor behaviour because it work well with the DC motor on RL2000 and the same firmware.
Is bumper is activate when mower is docking ?
Into station setting set the station check distance to 0

I need to check again the code to understand what's append.

I don't want to bore the body for finally not installing thoseones.
I don't want to say that they never work ,but it's better to not bore the body and first use mower with Bumper ,perimeter and motor sense.

You can later test them with a simple ESP8266 and fix them with tape on the mower and use a led to understand the real trouble.

How work the bumper on MOW800 ?

I haven't looked at the console at the moment, but I'll have a look.
Bumper for the station is not activated.
I'll test it with 0.

As a bumper, I have screwed two contact switches to the front of the housing, which are controlled by the cover.
Normally there are magnet hall sensors on each side and on the Top (Lift Sensor). But they can't distinguish whether the trigger was on the right or left, only that it was triggered.

It's OK (y) .
You can increase just a little the RPM drive speed (PWM is OK).
For the 3 meter test adjust the odometry ticks/cm until you have 3 meters.
I can ear the mow motor on low grass , so i think you can reduce a lot the mow motor speed.I use 80 actually and 160 at max PWM on MI632.

Tomorrow i take a look at code for docking/Manual start mow motor/Max lane sometime fail etc...

So another small problem, Mower is in the charging station and is supposed to charge, but it does not. It always stops after a few minutes and the Raspi can no longer be reached, PfodApp still works.
Temperature in the housing too high, black Mower, charging station in the sun, temperature 56 degrees.
So adjust the temperature monitoring :)

I set it to 65 deg max for teensy.
I have update github with last version But it's rain a lot and i can't test .

Please give me a tip on where to change the temperature, I can't find it at the moment.

So either my charger is broken or something else.
Or is there some kind of setting wrong again?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-23 211632.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-23 211632.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 4
ChargeVoltage is strange ,Try to check the real value using a multi-meter at the station plot.
Normaly it's 29.4V without load.
For the sense value are not accurate ,because R010 can have 11 or 9 milli Ohms instead of 10 and it's not possible to check it using a standard multi-meter, but you don't really need the true value ,Charger led need to indicate the end of battery charge with the green/red led.

In my case Using 29.4V 2A the charging process of 7S3P 10.5A take more than 10 Hours at 1.1 Amp.
I receive a 29.4V 4A , but not perfectly check and again charging sense is only 1.8 Amp :(

Using the robomow extracting battery pack i reproduce the test with and without Power PCB and value are the same, so it's not a power PCB issue.
Only Charger or BMS issue.

I'll keep an eye on that. I remember charging with 4.5A with the previous software version.
I then entered 4.5 in the mower.h(?), but I don't know now whether this is connected with it.

Code:
Time;chgVoltage;chgSense;batVoltage
0;0;0;0
0;28.76;4.1;25.32
60;28.77;4.1;25.43
120;28.78;4.1;25.5
180;28.79;4.1;25.54

If I charge the battery directly with the e-bike charger, it takes about 2 hours until the battery is full (6.9Ah or 6.4Ah I am not sure at the moment).
However, this is not the same charger that is connected to the charging station, it is a different one.

If it was with the R100 resistor the value 4.5A can be totally wrong.
The charging duration also depend on battery life and startvoltage.
In my case it's always start at 24.5V and finish near 29V 10 hours later..

here the 2 plot with 2A and 4A charger.

In all case 10 Hours is 100% charge and after 2 Hours of charge it's more than 28V

it takes about 2 hours until the battery is full
You need to check the start and stop voltage .It's possible it's a fast charger and use only the CC mode.

Attachments

• bat charge.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
Bernard, from which red/green leds are you speaking about? Those from the original charger pcb are no more in place and only the charger is connected to the new pcb, the old regulation system has been completly dismantled.Thanks.

Last edited:
Back