Matrix Mow800 ... Junior.

Yes, unfortunately, they were all broken.
But protecting each individual slot is also a lot more diodes. Maybe it's enough to fuse the main PCB against 24V. I'll try to find a solution.
The capacitor should actually fit.
You can check the IRF9540N to see if you have continuity.

Bernard, you have the capacitors from the Marotronics shop?
Unfortunately they are sold out, I'll see if I can find them at Reichelt. But actually there shouldn't be any differences, the data is the same.
I have already had 3-4 PowerPCBs and the same thing with all of them. It must be due to some component.

I have no problems with the charging circuit, it works, but it is exactly the same circuit, except the 100uF

If you have a Esp32 or Arduino than you can Test the components one by one than you are on the save side

One more info, rfid and loop detection were also connected.... dead ?... .
RFID and loop detection use 5V input so certainly damage by 20V !!!! .
To test ESP32 ,simply connect it alone (without any PCB ) to your PC.
For loop and RFID a test with a new teensy and maybe ESP32 give you the answer.
Certainly we need to put a ZENER diode on 5V input to avoid this kind of big damage.

Ok, I ordered a new Teensy, and I already have a new esp32, I will change all components to be sure to start on something sure. For motor drivers, jumpers 3v3/5V were not installed, so they should be ok... .

I found this topic, could be maybe helpfull to protect components on a new PCB version ?

Last edited:
OK, I also ordered a GY-521 (needs 5V... ), 4X INA 226, an RFID PN5180, an LM 386.. and also I added a 1.3" OLED screen to my order.

RPI esp32...

Received the Teensy, I'm waiting on the motor drivers and the INAs 226.
I will directly install the new drivers.

Received all material. have to dismantle and install new BL Motor drivers, new INA, etc.... operation will start soon... grass is one more time growing... gas mower one more time will be needed.... I hope for next year... .

Hurry up :cool:
this is not meant to be a work of art.
First get one running and then take the other to test and improve.

Have you shared your STL files on Thingiverse or something?
Otherwise, create a post here and upload them.
StefanH also wanted or bought a Matrix.
I'm still looking for an aluminium disc for the blades, the original one is rubbish.

Well I try to get one running, but seems not so easy to bring it on the right way.

No I have no STL file on Thingiverse.
The Mower is a project on it's way so I have new files to be soon shared.

Well, just to let you know where I am with my mower... .
Reading that the front sensors could be installed inboard as the RFID Sensor, I stopped all. I m thinking now on installing all this stuff inside, that means, to change the main board position, plus, plus, plus.... . Well I will restart it as soon I m sure about where I will go now... . :)

Before you rebuild everything, I would first do a few tests and see how it drives.
For the second one, you can then think about how to do it differently.
That's what I'll do when I get the new PCBs and hopefully it won't break down again straight away.

Power off doesn't work for me either. I switched off the mosfet directly in pfod -> works.
But I can't find any errors in the code

OK it's the same for me, the shutdown worked on the lab power supply. On the battery only once, then the powerpcb is always on as soon as you switch on the emergency stop. It works wonderfully for Bernard. I haven't found a solution yet.
Which capacitor do you have on the powerpcb?
I had to change the imu, all the Ina and the Teensy. But I accidentally plugged the battery into the wrong connection.
I do not think so.

Back