Kalibrieren

Welchen Sketch nutzt du denn?
Ich nutze den sketch inkl. Rfid. Und die letzte teensymower. Aber wie gesagt es funktioniert ja schon in einem Mäher deswegen wundert es mich. Vieleicht ist irgendeine Verbindung nicht gegeben zwischen esp32 und teensy!? Er verbindet sich mit dem esp und dann passiert aber nichts mehr.

Last edited:
Ich nutze den sketch inkl. Rfid. Und die letzte teensymower. Aber wie gesagt es funktioniert ja schon in einem Mäher deswegen wundert es mich. Vieleicht ist irgendeine Verbindung nicht gegeben zwischen esp32 und teensy!? Er verbindet sich mit dem esp und dann passiert aber nichts mehr.
You need to have 2 differents mower name on the ESP32 firmware
Did you try to reboot your phone ?

Hello, yes, I gave it a different name. The cell phone is restarted every day, but that's a good approach.
I've had that before when the app didn't want to and after restarting the cell phone everything was fine again. But unfortunately I'm not any further yet. I now have the small Bluetooth-only version on the esp32 and everything is set to 115200 baud rate. The same with Teensy.

Teensy's console does the standard start check but then fails because it can't measure the voltage from the battery. You should check that again. Does anyone have the latest powerboard successfully running!? According to the check he says Inas ok.

Hallo,

ja ich habe einen anderen Namen vergeben.
Das Handy wird jeden tag neu gestartet, aber das ist ein guter ansatz das hatte ich auch schon mal das die app nicht wollte und nach dem Neustart des Handys war alles wieder gut.

Aber ich bin leider noch nicht weiter. ich habe jetzt die kleine nur bluetooth version auf dem esp32 und alles auf 115200 Baudrate eingestellt. Das gleiche beim Teensy.

Console des teensy macht den Standard Start check geht dann aber auf störung weil er keine Spannung vom Akku messen kann. das müsste mann auch nochmal checken. Hatt denn jemand erfolgreich das neueste aktuellste Powerboard am laufen!? Laut dem check sagt er Inas ok.

Attachments

• 20240611_223403.jpg
    20240611_223403.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240611_223411.jpg
    20240611_223411.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240611_223421.jpg
    20240611_223421.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 10
I was able to achieve a little success with the OLED display. You should also reset the Teensy after flashing so that it adopts the new settings... 😔🫣

Einen kleinen Erfolg konnte ich beim Oled display erziehlen. mann sollte nach dem Flashen den Teensy auch zurücksetzen damit er die neuen Einstellungen auch übernimmt...

Attachments

• 20240611_223523.jpg
    20240611_223523.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240611_223730.jpg
    20240611_223730.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240611_224228.jpg
    20240611_224228.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 18
fails because it can't measure the voltage from the battery.
What do you mean by Fail ? did it return nothing or freeze totaly ?

You should also reset the Teensy after flashing
No normaly only restart.
A reset to factory setting is needed in the case you set into arduremote that you use the screen and it is not present.

What do you mean by Fail ? did it return nothing or freeze totaly ?

No normaly only restart.
A reset to factory setting is needed in the case you set into arduremote that you use the screen and it is not present.

Well the cell phone connects to the esp. The app then says connected and nothing else happens. If I press something again it says Unpaired. So I assume that it works with the esp.

Ok.!

Yes the link between ESP and Teensy is missing.
Check and post teensy console start process
If ESP32 use the simple firmware , you can add the ide console output to all transmission data by this way

Code:
// ESP-32    <--> pcb1.3 pin mapping:
// Vin       <--> 5v ON BT CONNECTOR
// GND       <--> GND ON BT CONNECTOR
// RX2       <--> TX ON BT CONNECTOR
// TX2       <--> RX ON BT CONNECTOR

#include "BluetoothSerial.h" //Header File for Serial Bluetooth, will be added by default into Arduino
BluetoothSerial ESP_BT; //Object for Bluetooth
void setup() {
//BT seial for Pfod init
  Serial.begin(115200);
  Serial.println("Start Bluetooth");
  ESP_BT.begin("DENNA");
  Serial.println("Bluetooth started with name DENNA  Wait 10 seconde......");
  delay(10000);

Serial.println("Try to connect to DUE");
  Serial2.begin(19200);
  Serial.println("Connected");

}
void loop() {
  while (ESP_BT.available()) {
    Serial2.write(ESP_BT.read());
    Serial.println(ESP_BT.read());
  }
  while (Serial2.available()) {
    ESP_BT.write(Serial2.read());
    Serial.println(Serial2.read());

}
}

this is the answer from arduino console...

Attachments

• esp32 denna.png
    esp32 denna.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 15
  • esp32 denna2.png
    esp32 denna2.png
    30 KB · Views: 16
So I'm pretty much at a loss!?
Unfortunately, I can't get any further with the app connection. According to Teensy, everything is fine. But something doesn't seem to be right.
I also have the baud rate at 19200 for both as with the first mower. I measured Rx and Tx, the connection between esp32 and teensy is also fine

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-16 195952.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-16 195952.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240616_200646.jpg
    20240616_200646.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
ok... here is the answer

Attachments

• x read 1.png
    x read 1.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 14
  • x read 2.png
    x read 2.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 13
  • x read 3.png
    x read 3.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So I bought a few more esp32s, the same ones I used for the first mower. But unfortunately no success again. So it's starting to get weird. Today I'm going to put the Teensy from the second mower onto the first mower again to see if the (pfod app) works. then I really don't know what to do anymore. Is there a way to test the serial connection between the esp32 and the teensy!?

So ich gabe jetzt nochmal ein paar esp32 gekauft und zwar die gleichen wie ich beim ersten Mäher genommen habe. Aber leider wieder kein Erfolg. Also langsam ist es seltsam. Ich werde heut noch einmal den Teensy vom 2. mäher auf den ersten Mäher stecken, um zu schauen ob die (pfod app) da funktioniert. dann weiß ich wirklich nicht mehr weiter. gibt es eine Möglichkeite die serial verbindung zu testen zwischen den esp32 und dem teensy!?

It's possible that when you connect the wrong ESP32 ,the Serial pin of teensy is damage , but very strange.
Using ohmmeter check the PCB soldering : connection between ESP32 U2_RXD U2_TXD and the teensy and isolation from other pin.

You can try to remove ESP32 from PCB and connect it using short wire on Serial5 port or Serial3 port and adjust the code to see if it's OK.

ohh finally, the mystery is solved. I checked and checked everything but couldn't find anything. Yesterday I opened the first mower again and put the teensy out of the second mower. it worked wonderfully. It couldn't be him. The only difference now was the stiffle bars. On the 1st mower I used all precision stiffeners and on the 2nd I used normal ones on the ESP32. So I swapped them, which was a lot of fun by the way... and now everything is finally fine. Put new headers on it and it works!!! it can continue...

ohh endlich, das Mysterium ist gelöst. ich habe alles durchgemessen und durchgepiept aber konnte nichts feststellen. gestern habe ich nochmal den 1. Mäher geöffnet und den teensy aus dem 2. mäher aufgesteckt. er funktionierte wunderbar. er konnte es nicht sein. der einzige unterschied der jetzt noch war, waren die stifftleisten. beim 1. mäher alles präzisions stifftleisten und beim 2. hatte ich beim esp32 normale genommen. diese also getauscht, was unheimlichen Spaß macht nebenbei... und jetzt endlich ist alles gut. neue Stifftleisten drauf und es funktioniert!!! es kann weiter gehen....

Hello, so small addendum.
There are apparently ESP32 modules that are a bit different and still need an adjustment.
I now had a connection problem with my new esp modules with the Serial2 UART again.
But that seems to be normal for some.
So if you have problems with the Uart 2 you should add the following:

Serial2.begin(115200, SERIAL_8N1, 16, 17);

in lieu of

Serial2.begin(115200);

Then it should work. Well, learned something again...

Hallo , so kleiner Nachtrag.
Es gibt anscheinend doch esp32 module die etwas anders sind und noch eine anpassung benötigen.
Ich hatte jetzt bei meinen neuen Esp Modulen wieder ein Verbindungsproblem mit dem Serial2 Uart.
Das scheint aber Normal zu sein bei einigen. Also falls mann probleme mit dem UART 2 hatt sollte mann noch folgendes hinzufügen:

Serial2.begin(115200, SERIAL_8N1, 16, 17);

anstelle von

Serial2.begin(115200);

dann sollte es funktionieren. Naja wieder was gelernt...

Last edited:
Hello, I have found that it is better to run the Bluetooth connection between esp32 and the Teensy at 19200 baud rate. if I run this on 115200 then I have a lot of problems with the app. the lines jump back and forth. At the 19200 baud rate this is not possible!!

Hallo,
ich habe festgestellt das es besser ist die Bluetoothverbindung zwischen esp32 und dem Teensy auf 19200 Baudrate laufen zu lassen. wenn ich diese auf 115200 laufen lasse, dann habe ich viele Probleme mit der App. die Zeilen springen hin und her. Bei der 19200 Baudrate ist das nicht!!

Das klappt auch sehr gut. Nur wenn du den Webserver nutzen möchtest, dann sollten es 115200 Baud sein, sonst bauen die Seiten sich nicht zuverlässig auf.
Mit der Pfod App hatte ich bisher auch nie Probleme bei 19200 Baud mit WLAN oder Bluetooth.

Das klappt auch sehr gut. Nur wenn du den Webserver nutzen möchtest, dann sollten es 115200 Baud sein, sonst bauen die Seiten sich nicht zuverlässig auf.
Mit der Pfod App hatte ich bisher auch nie Probleme bei 19200 Baud mit WLAN oder Bluetooth.
Na ich nutze meistens die Arduremote da die pfodapp sich gerne mal Aufhängt bei mir.

Back