45ZW2430 24V DC 28W Brushless Motor & 12-36v 500w Brushless Driver

Sascha

Administrator
Staff member
I have make some Pictures, how i have connected the Matrix MOW Motors to the Brushless Controller.

+5V --> 5V OUTPUT normally not needed
EL <-- Enable/Disable HIGH=Enable/LOW=Disable -> Testing with mine it is swapped
ZF <-- Direction HIGH=Forward/GND=Backwards
VR <-- Analog 0..5V (PWM)
GND <--> GND
SIGNAL --> Odometry

Cable assignment mower motor:
White - A
Green - B
Blue - C

First Picture: Motor Phases Drive Motor
Second Picture: Hall Sensors and Signal, GND, 5V OUT
Third Picture: Motor Phases MOW Motor

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_184758.jpg
    IMG_20211213_184758.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20211213_184824.jpg
    IMG_20211213_184824.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211213_185002.jpg
    IMG_20211213_185002.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211213_185040.jpg
    IMG_20211213_185040.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I have make some Pictures, how i have connected the Matrix MOW Motors to the Brushless Controller.

+5V --> 5V OUTPUT normally not needed
EL <-- Enable/Disable HIGH=Enable/LOW=Disable -> Testing with mine it is swapped
ZF <-- Direction HIGH=Forward/GND=Backwards
VR <-- Analog 0..5V (PWM)
GND <--> GND
SIGNAL --> Odometry

First Picture: Motor Phases Drive Motor
Second Picture: Hall Sensors and Signal, GND, 5V OUT
Third Picture: Motor Phases MOW Motor
I have added your driver in the code. ;)
But i can't test it (no hardware).

Hi Sascha and Bernard, just to understand, is this correct ?
How will be befined the direction for left and right motor rotation ? through the wiring or from output pinMotor(L or R)Dir ?

Hi Sascha and Bernard, just to understand, is this correct ?
How will be befined the direction for left and right motor rotation ? through the wiring or from output pinMotor(L or R)Dir ?
Hi.
I never test this module connected to arduino ,only on big overboard motor with potentiometer and always with bad experience (smoke :mad: :mad: )
So please to avoid destroying your teensy: test the driver and motor on desk without the teensy PCB using a potentiometer first

If it's OK test again with a small arduino nano or ESP8266 (for 3.3V version)

When it's work on desk at 3.3V you can connect it on PCB

But on your diagram:BL Hallmotor wiring.jpg

Also check this :

or search on the net for QS-909

I took Dupont plugs to connect the motors at the beginning to find the right phases.
And as Bernard already wrote, RED - PLUS, BLACK - GND.
I can't say whether you can wire the motors exactly as I did, the Chinese are not very precise about cable colours and assignment.

You're right Bernard, Sascha will this 5V be connected ?

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I can't say whether you can wire the motors exactly as I did, the Chinese are not very precise about cable colours and assignment.
I saw Sascha that cable colors are crossed on mine; you have blue/green/yellow and I have yellow/green/blue for MA/MB/MC if I watch on original PCB (connected on U18/U18/U20), I think only direction will change between yours and mine in this case.

Bernard: "So please to avoid destroying your teensy: test the driver and motor on desk without the teensy PCB using a potentiometer first
If it's OK test again with a small arduino nano or ESP8266 (for 3.3V version)
When it's work on desk at 3.3V you can connect it on PCB
"

I will do as you wrote.

Attachments

• BL Hallmotor wiring.jpg
    BL Hallmotor wiring.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
It is important that the motor phases match the Hall sensor. If the motor makes strange noises, switch it off again immediately. I have already broken 3 drivers :-D

It is important that the motor phases match the Hall sensor. If the motor makes strange noises, switch it off again immediately. I have already broken 3 drivers :-D
wow.. I hope colors match between coil and its sensor... I should receive drivers PCBs this week... I've only one as spare.. :D

Last edited:
Hi everybody.... I've tried but nothing happend, no smoke but also no motors... .I'm thinking about broken motors... or not... .
Just found a broken motor bracket.

Last edited:
Ok Sascha, as you said, colors are not respected...it's working now; I will try to change this. Hall blue and hall green are crossed. Well forget it.... to small in this motor to work in... I will do with as it is... .

Last edited:
OK, on both motors, Ha and Hb colors are crossed. But it works.
For the blade, colors are matching. :)

Last edited:
Tested with potentiometer, it works; you can adjust the speed.
I have an Arduino Uno; I will try with it or a 8266 that I already have.

Back