ZS-X12H brushless driver

Bernard

Staff member
Here a new driver:
It's a low power one with brake feature but also very small.
Test on stand alone with Poti work perfect and have correct response time (same as ZS-X11)
Now i Need to test it inside a mower on drive motor to see if it can work without overheat.

zs-x12h 10.jpgzs-x12h 20.jpg

I can test first on ZS-X11, but the most complex is to include this feature in the code. (need a bigger calibration method to have a a fast link between RPM and PWM to swap signal from pwm pin to brake pin)
I don't know what's append on big motor load !! and I don't want to destroy a Teensy :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Does the sampling of the rpm signal work or does the signal have to be sent via a divider (shift register)?
Rpm signal is OK ,and don't need a divider. It's 5V signal, so need 2 resistors if you use a 3.3V module
Using a level shifter don't work well.

I try to put a small video (I use a simple 1KG load that motor move up and down at a controlled speed, 30rpm when up the pwm signal use the pwm pin and when down pwm signal is send to brake or pwm speed according the motor odometry signal) ,so you can understand the working mode.

Bernard, can you take a photo of the driver next to the ZS-X11H to see the difference in size?

Here the link to funny video test on a Viking MI422 drive motor

I use arduino mega to read the odometry 5V signal without the need of 2 voltage resistor but it's fully compatible with Teensy PCB

When bottle goes up the PWM pin is activate using a pwm signal to regulate the speed motor at 30rpm : sense near 200 mA
When bottle goes down the BRAKE pin is activate using pwn signal to regulate the speed motor at 30rpm : sense near 30 mA

I leave the system work for 1 hour: nothing heat on the driver and motor.

Bernard,
did you take the ZS-X12H drivers only for the Drive motors or also for the mow motor?

I have only test them on drive motor.
Maybe it's small for mow motor ?
I have order a RTK kit and test actually sunray on my robomow using PCB1.3 .When it's OK i try to adjust the code for teensy PCB, but need time !!

Ok, then I will order them so that I can finally get my mower running again :)
Take your time, I don't have much time this year either and it seems that PCB and software are technically ok for now.

I have ordered a Raspberry Pi Pico for now, maybe you can use it as a future controller on the MainPCB.

Hi Sascha and Bernard; should I order those small drivers or they are actualy not compatible with the programm ?

If you find some, you can buy them.
I didn't find any last time.
Bernard uses them, they are also built into the current code, so no problem.

Back