RL555 Robomow

Galaxya6

Hi all.. go easy on me as this is my first post.
I have 3 Robomowers, RL555, RL500 and an RL500 without a motherboard.

I’ve seen on this site a number of posts on upgrading these tanks😀.

Is there one post that has a complete kit of parts and instructions to convert an RL500 to a Teensy 4.1 solution? Hints and tips, where to buy the parts, source code etc etc

I was hoping to make my one working RL555 to convert to a dock version (RL2000)… is this possible? There are no contacts on the front of mine.. just wondering, short of the contacts is going on in the dock station and is the motherboard different in the dock model. I currently have to charge by plugging in☹️

Welcome to the site :)

First of all, you should check what is installed in your mower. I think the R500 is built similarly to the R1000 or 2000. Bernard certainly has experience and can help you with this.
Retrofitting charging contacts should also be possible, you just have to think about building a charging station. If you search Google for charging contacts for robotic lawnmowers, you will certainly find a few things that can be used. I think the charging contacts for the Ambrogio robotic lawnmower are not bad.
You can either get the PCBs from me or order them yourself.
On Github, there is always a BOOM file with the required parts for the individual PCBs.

You need the MainPCB, PowerPCB and StationPCB

I hope I was able to help you a little bit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the site :)

First of all, you should check what is installed in your mower. I think the R500 is built similarly to the R1000 or 2000. Bernard certainly has experience and can help you with this.
Retrofitting charging contacts should also be possible, you just have to think about building a charging station. If you search Google for charging contacts for robotic lawnmowers, you will certainly find a few things that can be used. I think the charging contacts for the Ambrogio robotic lawnmower are not bad.
You can either get the PCBs from me or order them yourself.
On Github, there is always a BOOM file with the required parts for the individual PCBs.

You need the MainPCB, PowerPCB and StationPCB

I hope I was able to help you a little bit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks Sascha.. could you send links and prices please ?

Yes the rain, here near the North Sea, it has been raining for almost 3 days.

Here is the Link to the Githup Projekt:

The boom files are located with the individual PCBs.
You can download and look at it, it's an interactive file.

Hi Sascha . I’m dining my way around Git Hub but struggling to find a definitive parts list. Got Plugs and sockets, diodes etc but can find one complete parts list with the Teeny 4.1 on it and the motor drivers.. is there one spreadsheet with everything listed that is needed? Thanks Ian

Hi Ian,
have you looked at the BOOM files? Actually, everything should be listed there, except for the motor drivers, which depend on your motors.
I think Robomow has brush motors, so you need the IBT-2 BTS7960B motor drivers. And you need the Teensy 4.1 and 2 pieces of ESP32 Dev Board v1.

Link to the Boom File:
PowerPCB
MainPCB
ah i see for the WifiSender there is no BOOM File.

Ups sorry here is the WifiSender BOMM File

I do not yet have a complete parts list. Where all parts and components are listed.
When I have some time, I will have to do this, or I will find a volunteer.

Hi Ian,
have you looked at the BOOM files? Actually, everything should be listed there, except for the motor drivers, which depend on your motors.
I think Robomow has brush motors, so you need the IBT-2 BTS7960B motor drivers. And you need the Teensy 4.1 and 2 pieces of ESP32 Dev Board v1.

Link to the Boom File:
PowerPCB
MainPCB
ah i see for the WifiSender there is no BOOM File.
Ah your BOOM is my BOM.. where are the 3D printer files stored. Thanks

Back