Charging Current/ Ladestrom

Richtel

Hello,
I have questions about the Inas or charging currents. Are they reduced by the firmware or hardware!?
I bought a more powerful power supply to charge the batteries, but I noticed that it is limited; when I charge via the charging station I can get a maximum of 1.5 amps.
If I charge the battery directly, it charges with 6 amps, which would mean 1C for my battery because it supposedly has 6000 mah.
could that be changed or adapted?

Hallo,
ich habe Fragen zu den Inas bzw. Ladeströmen. werden die durch die Firmware bzw. durch die Hardware reduziert!?
Ich habe mir ein Stärkeres Netzteil zum Aufladen der Akkus zugelegt, dabei ist mir aufgefallen das es Limitiert ist, wenn ich über die Ladestation Lade, komme ich auf maximal 1.5 Ampere.
Lade ich den Akku direkt, dann läd er mit 6 Ampere was bei meinem Akku 1C bedeuten würde weil er angeblich 6000mah hatt. Könnte mann das Ändern bzw anpassen?

I bought a more powerful power supply to charge the batteries, but I noticed that it is limited; when I charge via the charging station I can get a maximum of 1.5 amps.
If I charge the battery directly, it charges with 6 amps, which would mean 1C for my battery because it supposedly has 6000 mah.
How did you measure the charging current in direct connection.
Maybe the IRF9540 generate the issue

I have a multimeter with an ampere clamp and can deduce this quite well from a phase. That's what I noticed.
Ok, how could you possibly get around that!?

But purely from the values, it should be able to let that through easily!?

Features / Technical Specifications

• Package Type: TO-220, TO-220AB And Other Packages
  • Transistor Type: P Channel
  • Max Voltage Applied From Drain to Source: -100V
  • Max Gate to Source Voltage Should Be: ±20V
  • Max Continues Drain Current is : -19A
  • Drain to Source Resistance in ON State: 200 Ohms
  • Max Pulsed Drain Current is: -76A
  • Max Power Dissipation is: 150W
  • Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +175 Centigrade
and 150 watts should be enough for me with 30V and 5 amps charging current.

Last edited:
What version of power PCB do you use ?
Do you have Polyfuse on it and emergency stop ?

Last edited:
I'm currently still using the V 1.0.8, no still the version with glass fuse but emergency stop I have it

A possibility is that the MainPCB drain current and using a true LI-ION charger you are always at the end of charging mode at low sense.

To check this On V1.09 (I can't find 1.08 schematics):

On Empty battery <24V
You can try to charge the battery using powerPCB , but without the mainPCB
Simply replace F1 Fuse by your amperemeter ,Shunt JP1 and open J6 Powerswitch
In this case only the INA can cause a change in charging current.
Check the amperemeter (I hope 6A)

If it's OK, Reconnect J6Powerswicth and press J9 Start to power teensy and all accesory.
Check the amperemeter (Possible 1.5A)

Give us a feedback
Capture d'écran 2024-04-17 073144.png

Great, I'll be happy to test it and let you know. and here another pdf from 1.0.8

Attachments

• charge_pcb.pdf
    56.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240417_081224_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417_081224_Samsung Notes.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 16
So I just tested it. jp1 closed and j6 open, but unfortunately no. Stays at 1.5 amps. sometimes 1.6 even sometimes 2.0 amps but unfortunately that is not what is desired. If I connect the charger directly to the battery again and measure the supply line, then I have 6 amps again.

OK, what append if you connect the battery + directly at input or output of D3.
Possible also that D2 LED power can generate the issue if you use a very powerful one

Hello I have just tested it, but unfortunately again without success. Is it possible that ground is also looped through somewhere and possibly regulates it down?

Hello, I have just tested again and plugged in the battery directly at the charging input of the mower and measured.
So without the board. I found out that the transmitting station also regulates the charging current.
This actually only means that the INA226 slow down or weaken the charging current.
Or am I completely wrong?

maybe a different current sensor would be a solution!?
I found this one, does anyone know it and could it possibly help?

Hallo, ich habe soeben nochmal getestet und die Batterie direkt an dem lade eingang des mähers angesteckt und gemessen. Also ohne das board. Dabei habe ich herausgefunden, das auch die Sendestation den Ladestrom herunter regelt. Das heißt ja eigentlich nur das die ina226 den Ladestrom ausbremsen bzw. schwächen. Oder liege ich da komplett falsch?

Wäre eventuell ein anderer Stromsensor eine Lösung!? Ich habe diesen hier gefunden, kennt den jemand und könnte dieser evtl. helfen bei der lösung?

Attachments

• 61Em44hdd8L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61Em44hdd8L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 61CWp8kEZfL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61CWp8kEZfL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5
So I tested it and took the Ina out and bridged it but unfortunately no success either. Stays at 2 amps. Could it be that the copper tracks on the board are too small!?

So I tested it and took the Ina out and bridged it but unfortunately no success either. Stays at 2 amps. Could it be that the copper tracks on the board are too small!?
I thing NO.
But to be sure you need to open all parts of the circuit going to GND by removing D1,D2,Q1 and test again without INA226 and the bridge on IN+/IN-
But it's a lot of soldering .

So I compared 2 boards today. I still have an unused transmitter or charging board.
I bridged everything so that the electricity comes through unhindered.
So in comparison to the normal, fully equipped transmitter board, you lose around 1 amp through the INA226 compared to the bridged version.
If you add the same thing to the charging PCB in the robot, you get a plus-minus loss of 2 amps or more!?

Du könntest auch das Ladegerät direkt mit den Ladekontakt der Station verbinden und J1 auf der PowerPcb brücken und den INA auch. Es kann aber sein, das die Software dafür angepasst werden muss.
Hat dein Ladegerät eine LED Anzeige?

Ja Led hatt es drauf, sobald es läd wird sie rot, vorher ist sie grün. Ja das könnte ich tun, nur dann weiß der Mäher nicht mehr wann er dann wieder losfahren soll bzw. Voll geladen ist.
Er mäht ja nur eine halbe Stunde bis vieleicht 45 min. Danach will er ja wieder an die zapfsäule. Und das würde 5 Stunden dauern bis er wieder voll ist und das ist irgendwie nicht der Sinn der Sache glaube ich.

I think it's set from 24 V onwards to charge. But today he was busy all afternoon. For now I have led a charging socket from the battery to the outside. As soon as he wants to go to the charging station, I connect him there and after an hour he is ready for use again, wonderful.
We'll definitely get that sorted out too. that it works via the boards.

Today I bridged the second transmitter board and measured all the points on the board. At the start there is an output power of 2.3 amps directly at the input socket.
Then the small jumper next to the 2.1 amp input.
Where the Ina is supposed to sit there are only 1.8 amps.
it then stays like this until it reaches the charging pins of the charging station. So everything is just bridged and there are no components on it except for the green sockets.

Ich glaube es ist eingestellt, ab 24 V soll er zum aufladen fahren.
Aber heut ist er den ganzen Nachmittag fleißig gewesen. Ich habe vorerst eine Ladebuchse vom Akku nach außen geführt. Sobald er zur Ladestation möchte, schließe ich ihn Manuel da an und nach 1 Stunde ist er schon wieder Einsatzbereit, herrlich.
Das bekommen wir bestimmt auch noch geregelt. das das über die Boards klappt.

Ich habe heute mal das 2. Senderboard gebrückt und mal durchgemessen an allen Punkten die es auf dem Board gibt. Am Start also direkt an der Eingangsbuchse 2.3 Ampere Ausgangsleistung.
Danach der kleine Jumper neben dem Eingang 2.1 Ampere.
Da wo der Ina sitzen soll sind es nur noch 1.8 Ampere. Das bleibt dann so bis zu den Ladestifften der Ladestation. Also alles nur Gebrückt und keine Bauteile darauf bis auf die Grünen Steckbuchsen.

Attachments

• sender_V1.01.jpg
    sender_V1.01.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 4
Back