Improvement of the rain sensor

SefanH

The rain sensor sensor circuit board is oxidizing. Electrolysis is probably taking place, attacking the sensor's copper.
Is it possible to activate the rain sensor only when it is to be read? This would significantly slow down the decay of the sensor.
It might be too much work, but a good idea should always be discussed!

Did you use the Original Rain Sensor on the Matrix or the Arduino Rain Sensor Plate?

That's just my experience with my Ardumower.
For the Matrix I'll try the Arduino sensor board and the original Matrix rainsensor contacts.

By the way... I have now installed the rain sensor in the matrix. However, the values are shown inverted. So: if it's raining, it says 0 and if it's dry, it says 1... Is that an error in the program or is it my circuit board?

I had to change a few things:

mower.cpp --> row 585 --> case SEN_RAIN: if (digitalRead(pinRain) == HIGH) return 1; break;
robot.cpp --> row 1631 --> case SEN_RAIN: if (digitalRead(pinRain) == HIGH) return 1; break;

robot.cpp --> row 3955 --> rain = (digitalRead(pinRain));
rain = !rain;
if (rain) rainCounter++;

So, that`s my solution now.

@Bernard Whats your oppinion on this topic?

Whats your oppinion on this topic?
For the code parts
mower.cpp --> row 585 --> case SEN_RAIN: if (digitalRead(pinRain) == HIGH) return 1; break;
robot.cpp --> row 1631 --> case SEN_RAIN: if (digitalRead(pinRain) == HIGH) return 1; break;
You don't need this part of the code, so simply leave them commented
robot.cpp --> row 3955 --> rain = (digitalRead(pinRain));
rain = !rain;
if (rain) rainCounter++;
It's OK .
or simply :
rain = !(digitalRead(pinRain));
if (rain) rainCounter++;

Now for the sensor and the topic.
I have tested this kind of sensor (3 of them) and they work only the first 3 month.
Each time the circuit board is oxidizing, exactly like you say . And stop to work after a short duration <1 year
It's also the case for sonar ,it's not a 100% of time working module .

Every rain sensor I've tested, oxidizes.
The small contacts of the Matrix do not work well because the contact areas are too small.
The ultrasonic sensors in my Ardumower don't cause any problems.

Back