Robomow RL2000 rebuild

Boesling

Hi folks,
I have 2 RL2000 here and one is still running with the original Hard- and Software, but with all the known (and unknown) problems.
After watching the video of @Bernard 's RL2000 with Teensy and sunray, I like to rebuild my second RL2000 the same way. :cool:

I ordered the following parts already:
- Power PCB, Teensy Main PCB, WiFi Sender (thanks to @Sascha )
- 5x INA226 R010
- ESP32 DevKit V1
- Teensy 4.1
- KY-003 and Magnets
- lot of Electronic parts (Hühnerfutter :) )
- DC-DC Converter 5V@10A
- 1x GY-521

As Motor-Driver I do need 5x BTS7960 (brushed motors), right? May later I change the drive motors to a set from a Hoover Board.
3D printed parts - Unfortunately I do not have a 3D Printer, is there a good source out there and which parts are needed?
I plan to use the original docking station with constant voltage supply, so I need a Li-Ion battery 7s with integrated BMS? Does anybody have a good source for it?

Is anything else needed?

Any help is apprecicated.

Daniel

Can you get the hoverboard motors/wheels into the RL2000?
I thought there were gears or something.

You definitely need 5 of BTS7960 drivers, I still have some here and don't need them. If you are interested I could make you an offer :)

For the 3D parts, you'll have to wait for Bernard to reply, I think there's a thread on Robomower in the Ardumower forum.

The odometry-Kit is here --> https://github.com/Boilevin/AzuritBer/tree/robomowgy87/f3d file/odometry

I've bought a RL500. With charging station and the mower is green - maybe it's an RL1000 after all? It will be delivered on Friday, then I will know more.
I don't have a 3D printer either, but I know someone with a 3D printer. I'll build the mower in the next few weeks and also have the 3D parts printed. I can also have a set printed for you.
I already have most of the parts here. Only the small parts are still missing. My mower will definitely drive with TeensyBer and the perimeter loop.
Where do you come from?

Can you get the hoverboard motors/wheels into the RL2000?
I thought there were gears or something.

You definitely need 5 of BTS7960 drivers, I still have some here and don't need them. If you are interested I could make you an offer :)

For the 3D parts, you'll have to wait for Bernard to reply, I think there's a thread on Robomower in the Ardumower forum.
You are right, the RL2000 has some gears, but if it is possible, I will try to remove all the gears and will build a special support for the Hoverboard motors later on.
Please offer me your BTS drivers ;-)

The odometry-Kit is here --> https://github.com/Boilevin/AzuritBer/tree/robomowgy87/f3d file/odometry

I've bought a RL500. With charging station and the mower is green - maybe it's an RL1000 after all? It will be delivered on Friday, then I will know more.
I don't have a 3D printer either, but I know someone with a 3D printer. I'll build the mower in the next few weeks and also have the 3D parts printed. I can also have a set printed for you.
I already have most of the parts here. Only the small parts are still missing. My mower will definitely drive with TeensyBer and the perimeter loop.
Where do you come from?
Hello Stefan, this sounds good. I think the parts should be the same for RL500 and RL2000.
I'm from Reichenbach in Saxony - you?

I think first the following 3d parts needed:
- Odometrie support
- Teensy PCB and Power PCB support
- driver support
Is that correct?

I think first the following 3d parts needed:
- Odometrie support
- Teensy PCB and Power PCB support
- driver support
Is that correct?
Exactly you can add the receiver box.

For the hoverboard motor, unfortunately i test a lot of config with 4 hoverboard and some motor driver , each time it's fail because they are build for very high sense and high rotation speed and it's not ok for a mower, so if you can have it to work don't forget to publish the config.

For station charging it's better to use a true LI-ion charger : i use this one (35 Eur in 2022 and 50 now :mad::mad:???)
or this one (need more time to charge the battery , but it's also OK.

Exactly you can add the receiver box.

For the hoverboard motor, unfortunately i test a lot of config with 4 hoverboard and some motor driver , each time it's fail because they are build for very high sense and high rotation speed and it's not ok for a mower, so if you can have it to work don't forget to publish the config.

For station charging it's better to use a true LI-ion charger : i use this one (35 Eur in 2022 and 50 now :mad::mad:???)
or this one (need more time to charge the battery , but it's also OK.
Thank you @Bernard the hoverboard motor will be the second step (or third...) first the mower should run with the standard components.
The battery still needs an integrated BMS with one of these chargers, right? I think using a BMS is safer anyway.
Do you have some pictures where I can see the mounted 3d parts? It would be very helpful ;-)
Thanks in advance
Daniel

The battery still needs an integrated BMS with one of these chargers, right?
Yes to avoid over discharging issue.
I have some picture of the assembly , but sometime it's difficult to see how its mount.
Do not hesitate to post when you start the assembly , so i can answer on the correct part.
rl2000 teensy 1.jpg
Here ododmetry assembly the equerre are different from left and right
odo.png
Here the PCB fixing plate, it's 4 parts ,you need to keep the 2 rubber from original PCB.
pcb.png
Here motor driver fixing part
driver.png

Back